Polycom CX500 IP Phone Optimized for use with Microsoft Lync
This UC phone is ideal for hallways, break rooms, and lobbies
Polycom CX500 IP phone features embedded Microsoft Lync software, allowing it to be seamlessly deployed within Microsoft Lync Server 2010 environments. Its clutter-free design and large color display for viewing call and directory information provide the ultimate in calling convenience for common areas, such as lobbies, hallways, and break rooms.
Polycom CX500 IP phone features standard Power over Ethernet (PoE) connectivity and an optional tamper-resistant wall mount providing flexibility and freedom. It also takes full advantage of the new device-only user mode in Microsoft Lync Server and doesn’t require a connection to a PC making it ideal for deployment in public areas.
Featuring Polycom HD Voice™ technology, Polycom CX500 brings life-like richness and clarity to every call. Polycom HD Voice technology incorporates Microsoft RTAudio wideband audio with Polycom Acoustic Clarity™ technology for crystal-clear noise-and-echo-free sound; as well as a best-in-class system design for high-fidelity voice reproduction.
Polycom and Microsoft solutions
Polycom offers the most comprehensive voice and video collaboration solutions for Microsoft Unified Communications environments. Polycom and Microsoft provide a fully unified, intuitive set of collaboration solutions that enables individuals and groups to instantly see, hear, and talk with colleagues around the world. The result is improved collaboration, streamlined operations and faster more informed decisions.
Technical Specifications Polycom CX500
• Polycom® HD Voice™ technology (Polycom® Acoustic Clarity™ technology, mechanical design and wideband codec support) • Individual volume settings with visual feedback for each audio path • Voice activity detection • Comfort noise fill • DTMF tone generation/DTMF event RTP payload • Low-delay audio packet transmission • Adaptive jitter buffers • Packet loss concealment • Background noise suppression • Cellular phone immunity • Automatic gain control • Dynamic noise reduction • Acoustic echo cancellation
• Handset Frequency response: 150–7 kHz • Compliant with ADA Section 508 • Recommendations: Subpart B 1194.23 (all) • Hearing aid compatible (HAC) for magnetic coupling to approved HAC hearing aids
• Monitor only speaker • Speaker frequency response: 300–7 kHz • Speaker volume, maximum at 1/2 m peak volume: ≤ 81dB
• Microsoft RTAudio technology • G.722.1 • G.711 (narrowband) (A-law and μ-law)
• Built-in, auto-sensing IEEE 802.3af-2003 Power over ethernet class 2 • Optional AC power kit